Friday, January 6, 2012

Headaches

As I write this, I'm suffering from a headache. And the odds are pretty good that so is my wife.

I get small headaches all the time. They're a regular if annoying part of my life.  They're not debilitating most of the time, and I can just pop some aspirin or ibuprofin and work through it.

My wife's headaches are debilitating.  Enough so that she at one point had FMLA paperwork on file because she was missing work for it. After multiple CAT scans and a variety of other scans, x-rays, and so on, her doctors were baffled as to their cause. And they haven't been able to figure out how to cure her, even after nearly a decade of pain. What they did was give her some painkillers that also impair her ability to function.

She lives her life through a constant haze of headache. Or else in a drugged haze.

It's clear how this has impacted her quality of life.

I get migraines. Occasionally. But it's got nothing on what she goes through every single day.

And I don't like anything that stresses my wife out or causes her pain.

No comments:

Post a Comment