Friday, January 20, 2012

Dieting

It's not exactly a New Year's Resolution, but I need to lose a few pounds.

By "a few pounds," I mean "a fifth-grader."

Right now, I'm sitting around 300 lbs.

So we broke out the Kinect and the Wii Fit.

And I've changed my food habits.  I'm down to 1-2 sodas per week. I've started eating green leafy things.

And I hate it.

I'd heard that low-calorie versions of foods were inferior to the normal full-calorie fat-filled foods, but I'd never experienced it personally before.  It'd all been anecdotal to me. And now it's true.

A friend of mine who is a professional chef informed me years ago that "fat is flavor."  And he wasn't kidding.

Instead of eating low-calorie foods, I'm eating smaller portions.  It's been more than a decade since I had leftovers from a restaurant on a regular basis - and now it's the norm.

It's a weird feeling, not being able to finish two tacos and some fries last week.

The Wii Fit and Kinect Adventures are also killing me.  I wake up in the mornings, and my legs ache. because they haven't had to move me quickly left and then right and then left and then right and duck and jump and duck and jump and ...  Yeah.  It's like that.

I know that long-term, I'm going to be a lot better-off, but I really don't like these early stages.

At all.

2 comments:

  1. I should send you a smoothie recipe that both of you might enjoy - yummy and full of energy. Jason and I both regularly enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The first two or three weeks suck. But once it becomes habitual, it makes life a LOT better.

    Stultz

    ReplyDelete