Friday, January 27, 2012

Being Snowed In

As I type this, I'm about to be trapped in my apartment for a second day. Because of snow.

I know I've mentioned before that I don't like how Seattle is mocked for its reaction to snow, but I have never missed two days of work in a month due to weather.

My general practice is to miss the first day of snow. That gives the idiots who don't actually know how to drive in this crap a day to wind up in the ditch and allows the city a full day to sand and/or salt the roads, making them safer to drive.  Not only that, but my driveway on Monday was a block of ice with snow on top of it.  By Tuesday, I was able to make it in.

But there is another storm blowing in. It's already bad tonight - it took us far too long to get home. Which is funny, because the first two thirds of our commute was dry.

As it stands, I will probably miss work tomorrow. And I'll be trapped in the apartment, because my driveway will be a block of ice with snow on top.

When I'm home like this, I go stir-crazy. I love spending time at home. In fact, I don't go stir-crazy unless I can't leave the house for some reason.

I spent Monday on my PS3, playing Skyrim. I expect to spend tomorrow doing dishes and blogging to keep my mind off the "trapped" feeling. Maybe I'll take some photos of my games for that GeekList I've been pondering ...

My wife is able to work from home, and I won't get in the way of that. It's almost worse than being home alone.

Ah, well.  Nothing I can do about it but suffer through it.

Right?

No comments:

Post a Comment