Friday, December 23, 2011

Giving Gifts Late

Here we are, deep in the holiday season, and my wife's gift isn't here yet.

In fact, I'm 90% sure it's going to be late.

I don't mind receiving late gifts - any gift received is a joy and a delight. But I really don't like giving gifts late. It tells the recipient that you couldn't be bothered to spend a couple of extra bucks on faster shipping. Or that you put it off until the last minute.

It's funny, though - I don't think of it like that when I'm on the receiving end - only when I'm the late giver. And I know my wife will be okay with receiving it late.

And it isn't my fault - I ordered from the UK with several weeks to spare. The items were in stock and shipped within a day of my order.

And then they entered that morass that is Holiday Shipping.  They're probably sitting in a warehouse somewhere, waiting to be checked in and processed through.

But they'll be late, and so there may not be anything under the tree from me for my wife.

And I hate that.

1 comment:

  1. I ordered my stepmother-in-law's gift from Russia in November. It still isn't here. I hate giving gifts late, too. I couldn't even have used faster shipping. Stupid customs.
    -Dawn

    ReplyDelete