Friday, October 28, 2011

Discussing My Health

I don't think anyone actually likes discussing their health, unless they are either in perfect health or are suffering some wasting and/or lingering illness.

And not everyone likes it then, either.

The last few years for me have been all about correcting my health. I've been to the dentist. I've gone through some sleep studies.

But those are peripheral to my core health, which I really haven't (and won't) discuss.

My stubbornness in this area is part of why I'm participating in Movemeber. While it'd be nice to say, "I raised huge piles of cash," I'll be shocked if I break the $100 mark. So I'm not really pushing it via any of my social network outlets, and I don't want you to feel compelled to give.

I do need to get more comfortable discussing my health. It's a weakness of mine. Even my wife treads softly when the subject of my health comes up. And that's really not good.

Because if she can't talk to me about my health, how on earth am I going to feel comfortable discussing it with a doctor?

No comments:

Post a Comment