Friday, October 14, 2011

Christmas Creep

It's October, now. Right? Grocery stores are all decked out for Halloween, because they sell tons of candy.

Department stores, however, seem to be breaking out the Christmas decorations. Already.

When I was a kid, the department store seasons went like this:

St. Patrick's Day (Started March 1)
Easter (Started 1 month before)
Summer
Back-To-School (Started mid-August)
Halloween (Started October 1)
Thanksgiving (Started November 1)
Christmas (Started the day after Thanksgiving)

Nowadays, I see reports on the Consumerist and elsewhere of Christmas decorations appearing in July and August! Signs up that say, "Christmas is on its way: Are you ready?"

NO!  I'm not ready! I don't plan to be ready until I'm stuffed full of Turkey and have enough leftovers to feed me for the next week!

I really can't stand it.

1 comment:

  1. I thought Christmas stuff was coming out earlier and earlier. It bothered me too. However, I was watching one of those old Charlie Brown movies (the valentine one) with my kids last summer. When the gang goes to buy Valentines Day presents at the store, they end up going through the Christmas section. It made me laugh. I guess we've always had this problem. LOL.

    ReplyDelete