Friday, July 1, 2011

Firm Mattresses

At home, we have a pillow-top mattress. A nice, soft, cushioning pillow top mattress.

Most hotels have a moderately soft mattress.

But, when visiting family, we're often stuck with what said family has.

My mother-in-law has a concrete slab cleverly disguised as a mattress.

Based on my experiences in Minnesota, it runs in the family.

Which is really really not good for my back.

Fifteen years ago, I slept just fine on nearly any surface you'd care to name. Hardwood floors? Check. Car seats? Check. Nails? Check. Grass and dirt? Check. Hammock? Check.

As I've aged, however (and I'm really not that old - I'm only 35), my back has grown more and more intolerant of more and more sleeping surfaces. Sleeping anywhere that isn't home leads to back pain.

That? Is something I dislike.

No comments:

Post a Comment