Friday, September 7, 2012

Lingering Con Crud

I mentioned about this time last year that I didn't like con crud very much.

It's even worse when the crud lingers to the point where you fall behind in your postings for one or more blogs because you're going home and sleeping at night instead of writing.

This year's GenCon Crud seems especially pernicious - and, even though I didn't go to PAX, I get to deal with the PAX Crud, too, because one of my co-workers went.  Meaning that I get to suffer the Con Crud from a con I didn't even attend!

And did I mention that, vendor-wise, there was some overlap between PAX and GenCon? This means that the PAX Crud may or may not include the GenCon Crud, so I may or may not be fighting a mutated version of the GenCon Crud all over again - when I'm barely recovered from the last one!

And you can ask my wife: I'm not very fun to be around when I have the Crud.

And I'm not the only person being slowed down by the Crud. One of my favorite game designers/developers recently posted that he's ill, and it's causing delays on several hotly-anticipated projects.

So I'm not the only one out there who dislikes Con Crud.

Not by a long shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment