Friday, September 28, 2012

Trying To Maintain A Regularly Weekly Schedule on More Than One Blog

You've probably noticed by now that I'm not exactly doing a great job of posting every Friday. Or, for that matter, even once per week.

I'd love to give you a good reason for it, too.  But I don't have one. I can't wake up and go to work without stumbling across a dozen or so things I dislike that I haven't written about, yet.  I have enough spare time to to write up wiki entries for a fictional version of a nearby city. For a game.  I've managed to read a fair number of the books that came back from GenCon with me, too.  I haven't been travelling, I'm done moving, and my commute is shorter than it was.

So why no updates?

It's simple: I have too many blogs active. There's this one, in which I blow off steam. There's Talking Game, which has been my primary blog for a good long while, now, and is updated weekly because I have genuine paying subscribers. There's New American Things, which updates every time Dasha encounters something new (and I'm there to see it). There's Eric Shoots Things, which I have been using to talk about photography and show off some of what I've done that I'm proud of or don't want to lose.

Only one of them has regular weekly updates.  The others are sporadic.  Because I can really only keep one steady blog at a time.

I know that Kelly over at The Airlock is going to tell me to ditch the others and focus on this one, but that's not really an option.

In fact, trying to maintain a weekly schedule here made it feel like a chore rather than a venting tool. In other words, it was causing more steam than it was venting. And that's not good.

So I'm dropping this back to a sporadic updater. Don't look for weekly updates. Just subscribe to the RSS feed or check back every few weeks.

Maybe life will choose to be extra-frustrating and I'll build up a backlog.

No comments:

Post a Comment