Friday, December 3, 2010

Crowds

Given how much I dislike individual people, it should come as no surprise that I dislike crowds.

Too many people in one place lose all shreds of intelligence.

Someone once told me that the average IQ of a crowd dropped noticeably the more people were added to that crowd, and it's true.

Crowds suck. They get in your way, and can turn malicious or dangerous at the drop of a hat.

Remember the riots of the New Hot Toy? You can substitute "Tickle Me Elmo" or "Furby" or "Zhu Zhu Pets" or whatever else for "New Hot Toy" in that previous sentence.

On those rare occasions when I go shopping (which, remember, I dislike), the crowds are inevitably in between me and the target of the trip. And then I get to stand in line, because of the crowds.

And people travel in packs - you can watch it happening. Go to a food court, sometime. People will stand around, looking around, trying to decide what they want to eat until one person goes to get whatever food they decided that they want. A line will instantly form behind them.

So to sum up: I dislike crowds.

No comments:

Post a Comment