Friday, April 22, 2011

Cold Bathrooms

It generally doesn't get very cold in Seattle. People here complain when it hits the 40's, but it's really not that cold. We rarely have frost on the ground, even in the winter.

I don't turn the heat on in our apartment very often - I just don't feel the cold keenly enough to need it. I'll occasionally wrap up in a blanket or lure a cat into my lap. We'll throw an extra blanket on the bed during the winter.

But I absolutely cannot cope with a cold bathroom in the mornings. It is the one room in the house where I'll run the heater even during the summer.

I just can't handle cold feet on the way to the shower. Or on the way back out to the bedroom.

I'm honestly not sure if it's the cold bathroom that bugs me or if it's the cold floor - the only uncarpeted rooms in the apartment are the bathroom and the kitchen and I don't go into the kitchen until I've put my shoes on, at which point the cold of the floor doesn't much matter. And I have no intention of testing it, either.

No comments:

Post a Comment