Friday, October 29, 2010

Uncontrolled Children

I don't mind kids. Really, I don't. Provided said children have even a small shred of manners or discipline.

But please don't let your demonspawn run loose unmonitored and unrestricted at all times.

I know that children need to play. I know that they need to have time to run around and shriek and have a good time. I'm okay with that, provided that the children ALSO learn that there is a time to be quiet and know to use inside voices.

I saw something a few weeks ago about how the role of children has changed over the years. It was fascinating. Apparently children who grow up with chores to do tend to turn out better-adjusted to life than children who can just sit around doing nothing.

If you don't at least make the attempt to control your children, don't expect me over for dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment