Friday, March 16, 2012

Falling Behind

When I first started this blog, I immediately had six months' worth of things I dislike ready to go. Because I dislike a lot of things (as you may have noticed).

As time went by, I have been mostly able to keep up. It's not hard to find more things I dislike.

But it's hard for me to find the time to write them up, and sometimes my mind goes blank when I sit down behind my keyboard, which leads to my panicking on Thursday evenings, trying to get something down before the post goes live on Friday.

I don't like that. At all.

While I can occasionally spit out a decent post in ten minutes, it feels ... wrong.

I like taking the time to craft these posts. Or playing games like scheduling a post about Late Posts for noon instead of 5:05 am. Or running a post about reruns for two weeks running.

Honestly, this blog is a lot of fun for me to write. Unless I put it off to the last minute. And then it's a chore.

So I guess it's really not falling behind that I dislike so much as not being ahead.

Either way, I'm not a fan.

No comments:

Post a Comment