Friday, August 12, 2011

Blisters

I just returned from working at a convention. Now, it's my own fault I tend to lead a sedentary lifestyle. I don't stand on my feet very much or walk a whole lot - I'm working on it, but I'm not there, yet.

When you work at a convention, you spend the whole time on your feet. You're either walking to the dealer's hall or standing around teaching games.  It just comes with the territory.

When your hotel is half a mile from the exhibit hall and you don't have a rental car ... well ...

As I write this, I have blisters the size of quarters. It hurts to move around. And I have to go back to work in the morning.

I know all the tricks for avoiding blisters - fresh socks, tightly-laced shoes, talcum powder, and so on - but they never work for me. This is in large part because my feet are so wide that I usually have to go a size or two too large so that I can fit my feet into the shoes.

Every year I get these same blisters. And I hate it.

No comments:

Post a Comment